How to pre-qualify?
Train operating companies who wish to receive the invitation to tender and later be able to bid for the tender, must be pre-qualified. The pre-qualification scheme is intended to limit the competition to companies that can demonstrate necessary competency and capability to run rail passenger services in a responsible manner. The following main criteria will be applied:
- Requirement for the applicant to have a sound financial position.
- Requirement for the applicant to have separate companies for business segments protected from competition and other business segments, to avoid cross-subsidization from train services that are not competitively tendered.
- Requirement for the applicant to have obtained or establish that it is likely to obtain the necessary permissions to operate passenger train services in Norway.
- Requirement for the applicant to demonstrate that it has the necessary competency and capability to operate rail passenger services.
- Requirement for the owner(s) of the applicant to declare their intention of support if the applicant is a planned or newly formed company.
The pre-qualification scheme will be announced on Doffin/TED. The pre-qualification documentation and application form can be found here (in Norwegian only):
The pre-qualification application process will be carried out in parallel with the competent authority preparing the invitation to tender. In order for the bidder to receive the invitation to tender, it must have completed the pre-qualification process successfully before the invitation to tender is released.
Pre-qualified bidders will be given access to market information regarding the routes that are to be put out to tender. The first collection of market information regarding Tender 1 Sør has now been made available to pre-qualified bidders.
The pre-qualification application process, the invitation to tender and the bid process will be carried out in Norwegian.
More information (in Norwegian only):
- Prequalification document (in Norwegian)